|Nature of industry linkages at UCoE; anticipating a practical exposure.|
|1||Campus-Corporate Connect program with companies in different verticals, inviting themfor the FDP, MDP, to bring the faculty of the colleges to a forum along with companies campus connect team to equip them with the course material and deployment model to be put into practice in their respective colleges.|
|2||UCoE have a structured training and development program for all the students right from the 1st year onwards. The training and development program is focused to prepare students for final placements. We have an in-house dedicated faculty for planning and executing the program. We do soft skills training and personality development program, also in association with the industry, for engineering students in the colleges to enhance their employability and personal development.|
|3||Companies and professional career consultants are invited and visits our campus as a part of industry-instituted-interface program to strengthen the efforts of pre-placement program|
|4||Industry-instituted-interface leads to organise inter-collegiate technical events and festivals.|
|5||To provide internships for students in industries, which will prepare the students better for entering the industry;|
|6||Inviting corporate for guest lecture; also as visiting faculties|
1. Reputed institutes has established a working academic-industry relationship.
2. Students get at least 1 industrial visit opportunity related to their stream of specialization every semester
3. The institute invites professionals for having discussions with students in form of guest lectures, experience sharing and research and development activities.
1. The institute’s management team has a collective work experience of over 100 years in the corporate and industrial sector in India and abroad.
2. The institute’s advisory board consists of corporate leaders and reputed industrialists.
3. The institute has a dedicated career counselling and placement cell, in the form of Steps, which liaises with local industries in the field of construction, infrastructure, electronics, IT & ITES, BPO and telecommunications, among other sectors.
4. The institute’s membership with Computer Society of India (CSI), NAPTEL, Indian Society of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), ISA , Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Institution of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineers helps it foster closer ties with the industry.
1. The campus is located in Vasai, a suburb of Mumbai – India’s commercial and entertainment capital. Mumbai accounts for slightly more than 6% of India’s economy contributing 10% of factory employment, 40% of income tax collections, 60% of customs duty collections, 20% of central excise tax collections & 40% of foreign trade. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Mumbai)
2. Mumbai is one of the the world’s top 10 centres of commerce in terms of global financial flow. It is also the world’s 29th largest city by GDP
4. 13 areas classified as “Major Industrial Areas” by Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) are located within an hour’s drive from the campus.