APPLIED SCIENCE & HUMANITIES
PROGRMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVE
To provide students with a strong foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to identify, analyze and solve real life problems and to prepare them for graduate studies in their specific domain.
To develop the ability amongst students to synthesize data and technical concepts from applications to product design.
To provide opportunities for students to collaborate and work in teams on multidisciplinary projects for accomplishing common goals.
To develop excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and technical writing for effectively interacting with clients, customers, co-workers and managers.
To promote awareness amongst students for life-long learning and to inculcate in them professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and commitment to social responsibilities.
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME
Develop the ability to understand, demonstrate, identify, analyze and apply the skills and knowledge gained from foundational courses of humanities, sciences and engineering, and relate these fundamentals with core subjects in the relevant field.
Understanding basic skills and principles of engineering by developing and engaging them in life-long learning with effective skills inculcating quality of reasoning, logic, analysis and communication.
Cultivate the ability to work in teams and learn by participating in Technical Events and Social Welfare Programs and develop the attitude for working productively as an individual and in cross- disciplinary teams to become better citizens in multicultural world.