Program Outcome (PO) for Electronic Engineering Program
- To solve complex engineering problems by applying the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering concepts for Electronics domain.
- To design experiments, analyze and synthesize results related to Electronics Engineering domain.
- To identify, formulate and solve the problems of both analog and digital electronic including hardware and software entities.
- To perform installations and troubleshooting process for Electronics, instrumentation and Control systems.
- To apply innovative techniques for functioning of multidisciplinary tasks.
- To demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools and communicate effectively in both verbal and written form for the benefit of society.
- To adapt to changing technology and have a free and lifelong learning process.
- To understand individual role in professional ethics and take responsibility for the same.
- To take responsibility as an individual and as a member of team to accomplish interdisciplinary project work.
- To understand professional responsibility and follow good ethics at every step of the work.
- To implement projects by demonstrating knowledge of the engineering and other project management principles.
- To update the knowledge in the field of Electronics Engineering to implement for different services to society.
Program Specific Outcome(PSO)
- At the end of the programme graduates will be able to troubleshoot electronic circuits, systems and products.
- At the end of the programme graduates will be able to successfully clear competitive exams and assessment processes for professional career in electronics.
- At the end of the programme graduates will be able to deliver adequate personality traits to fulfill their professional responsibilities towards the society.
Program Educational Objective (PEO)
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for real time projects.
- To prepare students to demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve electronics engineering problems and make successful career in Indian and or multi-national companies.
- To prepare students to demonstrate ability to design electrical and electronics systems and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data for applications in product design for multidisciplinary projects.
- To promote awareness among students for the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
Course Outcome (CO) for each subject:
After completing the course, the student will
APPLIED MATHEMATICS -III
- Understand the basic concept of laplace and inverse laplace transformation
- Solve Fourier transformation
- Solve vector differentiation and integration
- Understand basic knowledge of complex variable and bessel function for electronics design
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CUIRCUITS-I
- Understand basic of PN junction diode and other different types of diode
- Understand working and construction of BJT ,different configuration and models
- Understand JFET and MOSFET in detail
- Design of different circuit and study filters and regulator
DIGITAL CIRCUIT DESIGN
- Understand various number systems and codes and their inter conversions, Also perform arithmetic operations
- Understood Boolean algebra for minimization and implementation of logic functions and various Combinational circuits
- Differentiate between logic families CMOS and TTL
- Analyze design and implement sequential logic circuits
ELECTRICAL NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS
- Apply their knowledge in analysing Circuits by using network theorems.
- Apply the time and frequency method of analysis.
- Find the various parameters of two port network.
- Synthesize the network using passive elements.
- Synthesis of electrical networks and study various filters.
ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION AND MEASUREMENT
- Understand the generalised measurement system, static and dynamic characteristics and errors in measurements
- Apply bridge circuit for measurement of unknown resistance, inductance and capacitance
- Analyse the principles used in CRO and DSO and usage of the instruments
- Get acquainted with digital instruments, signal generators and wave analysers
- Compare various sensors for displacement, pressure and temperature, level and flow measurement.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Calculus of variation, Vector Spaces, Matrix Theory, Random Variables, Probability Distributions, Correlation and Complex Integration.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and Model the problems in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication and solve it.
- Apply the application of Mathematics in Telecommunication Engineering
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS-II
|CO1 Understand amplifiers through frequency response.
CO2 Perform DC and Ac analysis of single stage and multistage amplifiers, oscillators, differential amplifiers and power amplifiers.
CO3 Derive expression for performance parameters in terms of circuit and device parameters.
CO4 Select appropriate circuit for given specifications/applications.
CO5 Explain working and construction details of special, semiconductor devices.
MICROPROCESSOR AND APPLICATIONS
- Understand and explain 16-bit microprocessor architecture.
- Understand and write programmes for 8086 microprocessor.
- Use various peripheral devices to design Single Board Computer(SBC).
- Understand and explain 32-bit microprocessor architecture.
DIGITAL SYSTEM DESIGN
- Design and implement synchronous sequential logic circuits.
- Analyze various types of digital logic circuits.
- Understand engineering concepts in the design of digital circuits.
- Understand the role of hardware description languages in digital circuit implementation.
- Describe simple hardware functions using a hardware description language.
PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- Comprehend the need for various components in analog communication systems
- Analyse various analog modulation methods
- Design modulators, demodulators for amplitude and frequency modulated systems.
- Assess the characteristics of pulse modulation techniques.
- Recognize the need for multiplexing techniques
LINEAR CONTROL SYSTEM
- Understand the basic concepts of control system and identify control systems in real life applications.
- Derive the mathematical model of different types of control systems and represent them in various forms
- Analyze systems using time domain analysis techniques
- Apply concepts of frequency domain techniques in stability analysis of control systems
- Create state variable models of systems andanalyze their controllability, observability and time response
- Identify controllers and compensators in different controllers.
MICROCONTROLLER & APPLICATIONS
- Difference between microprocessor and microcontroller, explain advantages of microcontroller 8051.
- Design assembly programming for applications of 8051 microcontroller hardware and software.
- Explain architecture of ARM7 and assembly programming for the same.
- Student will get the idea of applications for data transfer.
DESIGN WITH LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
- Understand the fundamentals and areas of applications for the Integrated Circuits using OPAMP.
- Design filters, oscillators and non linear application like generators, rectifiers and comparators
- Design Special Purpose Integrated Circuits like 555 timer with real time applications
- Understand the differences among different voltage regulators and their uses and analyze types of ADC, DAC.
- Qualitatively describe and quantitatively compute nature of electric or magnetic fields produced due to different charge distributions.
- Describe the propagation of electromagnetic waves in free space and other media.
- Calculate potentials of boundary value problems using FEM,FDM
- Identify various problems affecting wave propagation and their effects on antennas
SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS
- Understand the fundamental characteristics/classification of Signals and Systems
- Understand the process of sampling and apply State Space analysis for continuous and discrete time LTI System.
- Apply the Laplace Transform to analyze continuous and discrete time signals and systems
- Analyse characteristics of discrete time signals and systems by using Z -Transform
- Apply the Fourier Transform to analyze continuous and discrete time signals and systems
- Evaluate ESD, PSD, Autocorrelation, cross-correlation and the relationship between them
- Understand the basic concept of information theory and source coding and probability theory in communication system.
- Understand the various line codes and pulse shaping for optimum transmission.
- Understand various digital modulation techniques
- Understand concept of error control codes and spread spectrum modulation .
BASIC VLSI DESIGN
- Compare the technologies trends and understand technology scaling
- Analyze various types of inverters and design NAND and NOR equivalent circuit using CMOS inverter.
- Understand different design styles and realize logic circuit using it.
- Discuss the concepts about the memories and peripheral circuit.
- Get acquainted with advance circuit like adder and multipliers
- Get acquainted with system level design issues such as protection, power dissipation and timing.
ADVANCED INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEMS
- Describe working principles of process parameters, basic components for instrumentation
- Describe pneumatic components and system
- Describe hydraulic components and system
- Explain working of process control components and systems.
- Conceptualize the basics of organizational and architectural issues of a digital computer
- Analyze performance issues in processor and memory design of a digital computer
- Understand various data transfer techniques in digital computer.
- Analyze processor performance improvement using instruction level parallelism.
- Understand SCR power device.
- Explain various other power devices.
- Differentiate various circuits based on power devices and will be able to design Rectifiers using power devices
- Understand application likes Inverters and choppers using power devices and will be able to understand AC voltage controllers and cycloconverters
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING AND PROCESSORS
- Understand and design digital filters and their properties
- Solve mathematical model for mapping of S plane to Z plane, frequency transformation and different transformation method
- Design the FIR filters with various window technique and sampling technique with understanding of Gibbs phenomenon
- Explain number representation, quantization, rounding with their effects
MODERN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR MANAGEMENT
- Understanding about various IT infrastructures and their importance.
- Explain production tools which run the business infrastructure system and business system managements with importance of IT tools in content management.
- Explain various protocols which run business infrastructure system and also study IT application in various businesses.
EMBEDDED SYSTEM DESIGN
- Describe features of Embedded System
- Compare programmable devices for Embedded System
- Analyse and select suitable memory, I/O and peripheral devices
- Apply concept of Real Time Operating System
- Discuss CMOS fabrication flow and technology scaling for physical mechanism in novel devices
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of various MOS fabrication processes
- Understand semiconductor measurements, packaging, testing
- Understand advanced semiconductor technologies
POWER ELECTRONICS -II
- Analyse the effect of source inductance in rectifier and Understand the different types of modulation technique for 3-phase voltage source inverter
- Understand the average and state space model of different types of DC – DC converter and realize the effect of PI and PID controllers for DC-DC converter
- Application of power electronics system how it is used in SMPS ,Battery, UPS,and induction heating
- Understand the various schemes of DC motor speed control and compare the various schemes of 3- phase induction motor speed control
COMPUTER COMMUNICATION NETWORK
- Explain different types of communication networks and modes of data transmission in digital transmission systems.
- Identify error control techniques and protocols associated with data link layer
- Summarize various routing and routed protocols associated with network layer
- Summarize congestion control mechanisms used in circuit and packet switched communication networks associated with transport layer.
- Demonstrate the significance of software layer protocols and IP addressing schemes used in networking using software tools
DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING
- Understand the concept of Digital Image processing.
- Explain image enhancement and Segmentation technique.
- Understand Digital Image compression and decompression techniques
- Perform Binary Image Processing Operations
OPTICAL FIBRE COMMUNICATION
- Understand light wave propagation through fiber
- Identify structures, materials, and components used in optical link
- Analyze transmission characteristics of fiber
- Design and management of optical fiber links
- Understand the MEMS technology and its basic components
- Explain material used in MEMS and their properties.
- Understand fabrication processes for MEMS.
- Acquainted with various types of MEMS devices and their fabrication process steps and characteristics.
MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
- Understand the fundamentals of mobile communications
- Differentiate between GSM and CDMA
- Understand the evolving wireless communication technologies
- Understand the requirement of 4 G technology
CMOS VLSI DESIGN
- Understand the tradeoffs in analog circuit and study various circuits
- Analyze building block of analog VLSI circuits
- Design building block of analog VLSI circuits
- Acquainted with various mixed signal circuits such as switched capacitor, PLL and oscillators
- Acquainted with the analog layout technique and other concepts like AMS design flow SCD, FCD
ADVANCED NETWORKING TECHNOLOGY
- Analyze the performance of networks
- Determine the network performance using monitor tools
- Set up WLAN,PAN
- Explain optical networking technology